Dental crowns may be recommended to treat a wide range of restorative and cosmetic dental concerns. A dental crown covers the entire tooth and is permanently bonded into place. The crown provides strength, aesthetics and lasting durable function. Dental crowns are stain and decay resistant and can last for many years. Dental crowns can be color matched to blend seamlessly with your smile for beautiful results.
DENTAL CROWNS CAN FIX
- Damaged, chipped or cracked teeth
- Discolored teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Reinforce a tooth with a root canal
- Strengthen anchor teeth for a dental bridge
BENEFITS OF DENTAL CROWNS
There are several benefits to getting a dental crown placed, including:
- Dental crowns are custom made to fit your smile
- Dr. Barakat team will design your dental crown(s) according to your exact specifications in terms of shape, size, color, and fit. You can feel confident that this individualized treatment will suit your needs, preferences, and budget.
- Simple Procedure to create and place
- Some people mistakenly believe that dental crown treatment is complicated or intensive. In reality, this procedure is minimally invasive and relatively straightforward. Once your enamel is clean and healthy, Dr. Barakat will shape your tooth so that it can securely hold a crown. Next, Dr. Barakat will take an impression of it and send this information to our trusted partner lab. Over the next one to two weeks, skilled technicians will handcraft your crown. When it’s ready, Dr. Barakat will place it over your tooth with strong bonding cement.
- They Will Help Restore Your Smile
- Dental crowns are primarily used as part of restorative procedures, but they also offer numerous cosmetic benefits. Since they fit over the tooth, they can instantly correct discoloration, staining, misshapen teeth, crookedness, chips, cracks, fractures, and more.
- They can last for several years in properly maintained.
- With proper care, that includes regular brushing and flossing, as well as routine examinations and cleanings, these permanent crowns can last between 15 and 30 years; this means that you can enjoy the benefits of dental crowns for decades.
- Little recovery time
- Patients can resume their normal oral hygiene routine such as brushing and flossing the next day. For a few weeks, we recommend that you stay away from hard and crunchy foods such as corn on the cob, and candy, but then can resume your daily eating routine.
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
If you are interested in learning more about receiving a dental crown in the Stittsville, ON, and Ottawa, ON area, contact our office today. To schedule an appointment, contact Villanova Dental Studio at (613) 707-8483 or request an appointment online.