Are your teeth yellow or stained? Teeth darken with age, so sometimes there is little you can do. Fortunately, your dentist in Stittsville, Ottawa can brighten your smile in as little as one visit with modern dentistry.
Stained, yellow or darkened teeth can detract from the aesthetics of your natural smile. Ottawa dentists of Villanova Dental Studio, offer teeth whitening treatment options in Stittsville that can restore a brighter, more confident, and youthful looking smile.
Whiter teeth not only boost your confidence, they could even change the way others perceive you in both professional and social settings. Your Villanova Dental Studio dentist will help you determine which teeth whitening option will meet your cosmetic dentistry goals. You read correctly, we offer patients multiple options to whiten their teeth! We offer professional teeth whitening systems, as well as permanent cosmetic treatments for more difficult stains. This can include stains caused by trauma, medication, or genetics.
Why Do Teeth Darken?
It doesn’t happen overnight. Teeth darken over time under the right conditions. Yellow teeth can be a product of bad oral habits such as not brushing enough times a day. Other contributors to yellow teeth include:
- Smoking cigarettes on a regular basis
- Other tobacco products
- Prescription medications
- Drinking coffee or wine on a regular basis
- Excessive fluoride exposure
- Natural stains from aging
Teeth Whitening Options Ottawa, ON
Your Ottawa dentist will evaluate the cause of your tooth discoloration after a thorough dental exam. We will discuss your cosmetic goals to determine which teeth whitening treatment will provide optimal results.
- Iveri Teeth Whitening: In about just 1 hour, you can have teeth up to 8 shades whiter. Iveri is an in-office whitening gel and light system that will comfortably whiten and brighten your teeth. The Iveri hassle-free whitening system involves no impressions, no long dental visits, and causes no teeth sensitivity.
- Take-home Teeth Whitening: Custom-fit trays are used to apply professional grade whitening gel to teeth from the comfort of your own home. Patients enjoy a gradual and natural looking whitening process. This involves receiving biweekly teeth whitening kits to use on a routine schedule. You may still be asked to come into the office so that your dentist can check-in on your progress.
- Porcelain Veneers: Tooth stains resistant to bleaching kits or in office whitening may require porcelain veneers. They are permanent dental restorations that cover the front and sides of a tooth and are extremely durable. Porcelain veneers are ultra-thin, shell-like coverings for your teeth that will look and feel like a natural tooth.
- Cosmetic Bonding: Bonding is an ideal alternative for patients not ready to commit to the permanence of porcelain veneers. Cosmetic bonding can be used to correct minor discoloration. Bonding requires little tooth preparation and is bonded to your natural teeth for a quick, economical cosmetic solution.
Schedule An Appointment
If discolored teeth are affecting the aesthetics of your natural smile, Dr. Ami Barakat can help you restore your beautiful, white smile with a range of treatment options. Contact our Ottawa, ON dentist office or schedule a consultation online.