Tooth bonding in Ottawa Ontario
Tooth bonding is a cosmetic dental procedure that may be used to address a range of dental concerns. It is a highly malleable composite material that can be custom designed to blend with your natural smile. Tooth bonding is a cost effective alternative to porcelain veneers, and an ideal treatment for young patients. If you are not ready to commit to permanent dental veneers and dental crowns, you can also benefit from this quick procedure.
Tooth bonding can be used to treat:
- Discolored teeth: Deep stains that aren’t causing damage, like white spots on teeth, can be covered with bonding.
- Misshapen teeth: We can shape your shorter teeth to match neighboring teeth for a more even smile.
- Chipped Teeth: Teeth that have been chipped in an accident can be fixed with ease.
- Cracked teeth: Cracks create room for bacteria to grow and cause damage. Bonding quickly fills those cracks, protecting your teeth from bacteria and infection.
- Close gaps in teeth: Do you have a gap between your front teeth that is causing an issue for you? We can close your teeth gaps in a single visit!
Tooth bonding is a quick, painless way to address minor tooth damage. Bonding can last up to 10 years with good oral hygiene and regular dental cleanings. The bonding procedure can typically be completed in just one visit to our Ottawa, ON dentist office and requires no downtime.
Tooth Bonding Process
The tooth bonding procedure is much like a dental filling. Your Villanova Dental Studio dentist will use a local anesthetic to numb the area to be treated. The tooth or teeth will then be prepared by removing a very thin layer of enamel to make room for the bonding material. The material will be color matched to blend with your adjacent teeth for beautiful results. Then, the material will be placed on the tooth and sculpted into shape.
Once the bonding has been formed and color matched for an aesthetically pleasing result, the material will be cured for a lasting bond. A special light is used to harden the bonding material almost instantaneously. Finally, the tooth will be polished to a natural luster. You can get back to eating normally in as little as an hour. The material is as durable as your natural teeth. It can las many years with good routine dental care and bi-yearly exams.
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Looking for a trusted Richmond, Stittsville, Ottawa and Kanata cosmetic dentistry office? We welcome patients from all over the Ontario Providence. Dr. Barakat and his dental associates are proud to serve patients with high-quality, state-of-the-art cosmetic dental care. Visit us whether you have a specific treatment in mind, or just want to consult with an experienced cosmetic dentist on treatment options. We provide patients with complimentary cosmetic smile makeover consultations. To learn more about how cosmetic dentistry can improve the look and health of your smile, contact our Kanata, ON area cosmetic dentist office or schedule a consultation online.