Dr. Barakat and the dental care team at Villanova Dental Studio have always exceeded all recommended and required infection control guidelines for the safety of our patients. A safe and clean office environment is an important part of the high standard of dental care that we provide in our office. Ongoing disinfection of all office areas, autoclaves for sterilization of tools and equipment, and DentaPure® water treatment is just a part of our overall infection control protocols that have always been in place. All of our dental office staff members receive regular training on blood-born pathogens, OSHA training, and cross-contamination prevention. The use of gloves, safety glasses, and patient chair covers is something we are already used to incorporating into our daily routines and treatments.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Villanova Dental Studio has augmented our infection control and changed many of our office procedures to prevent the spread of the coronavirus and keep patients safe when visiting with us.
We ask that if you are sick or have been exposed to the coronavirus that you call our office to reschedule your appointment. If you have recently traveled please wait at least 14 days after returning to visit our office. These rules will remain in place until it is no longer a recommendation of the national health system and local governing bodies and are designed to protect all patients and staff.
COVID-19: What to expect at your next visit
Dr. Barakat and our staff have made every effort to protect the health of our patients and new check-in procedures are an important part of minimizing contact for proper social distancing and allowing for enough time between patients to disinfect the office and operatories. If you have questions about these changes or what to expect when coming in for your dental appointment please feel free to contact our office directly.
What We Are Doing:
- Curbside check-in and waiting for your appointment in your vehicle. Our waiting room will remain closed until it is considered safe to allow patients to relax there before their appointment once again.
- Patient appointments times are staggered to help avoid contact during the check-in and check out process and allow time for disinfection between patients.
- Patient health screening and temperature checks: upon arrival, we will ask you to complete a brief screening questionnaire and have your temperature taken with a digital thermometer.
- Plexiglass partitions are installed at the front desk to prevent contact.
- All staff will be using N-95 surgical masks or level 3 surgical masks, face shields and/or goggles for aerosol-generating procedures.
- An aerosol evacuation system has been installed to remove all aerosols produced during any treatment.
What Will Be Required of You
- Patients will be required to wear a face mask when coming into the office and immediately use our hand sanitizer.
- All clinical patients will be asked to rinse for 1 minute with an antimicrobial/antiviral mouth rinse before any treatment is started.
- Please do not bring extra guests that are not able to remain in a vehicle or wait in the parking lot during your appointment.
Our Infection Control Technology
In addition to our autoclave and DentaPure water sterilization system, we have added new technology that reduces your exposure to airborne germs to greatly minimize the risk of infection from the coronavirus and the many other illnesses that continue to circulate amongst our population year-round.
- Air filtration: we have added high-efficiency medical grade Hepa filtration systems to all rooms to reduce bacteria, viruses and mold.
- Air quality control: our office HVAC is now fitted with Reme-Halo light bulbs that purify the office air by killing bacteria, viruses, and mold.